Choosing Your First E-liquid

Choosing Your First E-liquid

Today we’re going to be taking a look at some of the basic concepts and tips that will help you with choosing your first eliquid. Understanding the four main ingredients in a liquid can really help you with finding your perfect vape. If you're still not completely sure what a liquid is, it is recommended that you check out our beginner’s guide to vape e-liquid. Your vaping device also plays a really important role in the type of a liquids that you'll need, so today we'll discuss how all four ingredients interact with different devices.

The major hurdle in successfully switching to vaping is to find a nicotine strength which will satisfy your cravings, give you the right type of throat hit, and also has a flavor that you enjoy. This will take some trial and error but hopefully all the tips that we give you today will help you out along the way. As a new vaper, you're likely to start on a smaller vaping device which will produce a smaller amount of vapor. If you were previously a heavy smoker, then you're likely to require a larger dose of nicotine and the smaller vaping devices are commonly sold with higher nicotine strengths.

Many of the smaller cig alike or pod devices contain 18 milligrams or 20 milligrams of nicotine per milliliter, which is the highest legal limit in the UK. As we progress to the refillable devices, we start to notice that the size of the device and the vapor production begins to increase.

All of a sudden, at an 18 milligram eliquid seems very harsh on the throat making the vaping experience unpleasant. What works for one person may not necessarily work for you but the good news is, there are plenty of options to help you tailor your experience. In addition to nicotine, smokers often need to experience a throat hit in order to feel satisfied. This is the sensation that you feel at the back of your throat when you inhale smoke or vapor. In vaping, there are three variables which can affect the throat hit.

Nicotine strength: the higher and nicotine strength, the harsher the throat hit.

The amount of PG in the liquid: a higher percentage of PG means a harsher throat hit

Device vapor production: higher powered devices produce more vapor therefore more nicotine and PG.

In general, new vapors require a higher nicotine strength to help with their transition so you want to be taking a look at a liquid that have 12 to 18 milligrams of nicotine. If you read our beginner's guide to vape e-liquid, you'll know that in addition to PG, another main ingredient in a liquid is VG. in most liquids, VG makes up 50 to 80 percent of the total mix and is directly proportional to PG. for example, if an e liquid has 80 percent VG, then the remaining 20 percent of that will be PG. you want to consider the PG percentage in a liquid and what is best suited for your device as a simple rule.

Choose higher PG concentrations for smaller devices such as pods or vape pens and this will give you more of a throat hit. With a device that produces less vapor, choose high VG concentrations. For larger devices, which are capable of producing more power and vapor this will lead to a smoother vaping experience and also allows you to inhale more vapor in one go.

If you’re looking for a place to buy good vapes, liquids, and any other vaping accessories from then look no further than Golden Boy Vape Shop & E-Juice Company. We are Canada's best premium E-liquid vape juice manufacturer. We are the best vape shop in Winnipeg, Canada. Golden Boy Vape Shop & E-Juice shop was founded in 2017. We started this business with a very specific vision in mind, a mission to help transform traditional cigarette smokers to E-cigarettes one vapor at a time. Here is everything you need to know about our Vape Shop. Cigarettes can do a lot of damage to the lungs, but e-cigarettes are believed to be safer. We promise to provide top-quality products to our customers for prices they can actually afford. We do not compromise on quality or safety.

 

Golden Boy Vape Team


Leave a comment